Monday, May 4, 2009

Devastated


The above image is 16 sketches trying to capture the emotion: devastated.

The next image is the revision of my original AM Stu character pose. The "before" image was what I initially turned in for my assignment.

After the critique, I decided to revise it. In trying to figure out how to improve it, I found neither myself nor my friend's daughter (who is much more flexible than I am) couldn't physically get in the pose I created.

Also to try to push the pose a little further to get a better emotive response, I moved the left hand up to touch his face. I know it's obvious, but they encourage us not to do the expected gesture. I did an impromptu poll using a couple of different poses and it was amazing how everyone really resonated with the face touching images. Cliché is not the preferred route, but sometimes, if it works, it works.

No comments: